WHAT IS REIKI?
Reiki is the energy that pervades
everything. It means Universal Life Energy: Rei means Universal Life and
Ki means energy. Ki should be vibrant, free-flowing, and abundant to
support a healthy state of well-being.
Reiki is an ancient technique of channeling energy through the palms of the hands in a gentle non-invasive manner. This vital spiritual energy activates the natural healing processes, detoxifying the body of both physical and emotional blockages while bringing about deep relaxation and calmness.
Think of it as guided relaxation. It supports the ability to release emotional and mental tension. Numerous studies have found it helps alleviate symptoms of malaise and anxiety. Practiced world-wide in hospitals, hospices, private practices, and wellness centres Reiki is enjoying global recognition as a beneficial form of complementary and integrative medicine.
HOW DOES REIKI WORK?
Reiki works by increasing the "life force energy" that flows through us and around us and causes us to be alive. The life force is responsive to our thoughts or feelings and can become disrupted and diminished by negative thoughts or feelings, especially about ourselves. If this energy is low, we are at higher risk of becoming sick or stressed. If our life force energy is high, we are more likely to be happy and healthy.
Reiki provides a positive boost of "ki," which raises the energy field's vibratory level in and around the negatively affected areas of the body, causing negative energy to dissipate and fall away. Thus, Reiki restores the healthy, natural flow of the life force.
WHAT DOES REIKI FEEL LIKE?
Some therapeutic benefits of Reiki are:
- Supports feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
- Enhances your intuition.
- Reduces anxiety.
- Supports spiritual health.
- Strengthens your personal energy system.
- Supports emotional well-being.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Reduces anxiety and tension.
- Can accelerate and stimulate the natural healing process.
- Can reduce and/or relieve pain.
- Removes energetic congestion and blockages.
- Enhances the benefits of other natural therapies.
- Supports intuitive development.
- Supports healthy energy hygiene.
- Promotes relaxation and improved sleep.
Reiki is a beautiful tool working alongside modern medicine and other therapies.